This was taken from a wonderful magazine called “Israel My Glory” produced by The Friends of Israel, which communicates biblical truth about Israel and the Messiah, while fostering solidarity with the Jewish people.
Are you discouraged and feeling depressed because of personal or world events?
Maybe it’s time to take a little spiritual inventory.
If you have truly been born again through faith in Jesus Christ, you have a lot of things to look forward to.
Here are only 10 of them. So as you persevere, remember who holds your hand and that He has promised,
“No eye has seen,
no ear has heard,
no mind has conceived
what God has prepared for those who love him…”
1 Cor. 2:9
- You will receive a new body.
1 Cor. 15:52 - “in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.”
- You will get a custom dwelling place. Every house on Earth requires fixing, but the home He prepares for you will be perfect.
John 14:2-3 - “In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not
so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for
- You will be like Christ, so you will be unable to sin.
1 John 3:2 - “Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.”
- You will get to know Bible saints, such as Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Matt. 8:11 - “I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven.”
- You will see and speak to loved ones who died in the faith.
1 Thess. 4:13-17 - “Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope. We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. According to the Lord’s own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.”
- You will live in a perfect world. What lies ahead is so much better that what exists today.
Rev 21 - “Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away …..”
- You will never again suffer heartache, pain, death, broken relationships, or the like –
1 Cor. 15:26 -“The last enemy to be destroyed is death.”
Rev 7:16-17 - “Never again will they hunger; never again will they
thirst. The sun will not beat upon them, nor any scorching heat. For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; he will lead them to springs of living water. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.”
- You will fall for the final time. But rather than falling short, you will fall on your knees in praise.
Rom. 7:15-25 & Phil. 2:10 – “that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,”
- You will participate in awesome worship.
Rev. 5:11 – “Then I looked and heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand. They encircled the throne and the living creatures and the elders.”
Rev. 7:11-12 – “All the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures. They fell down on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, saying: ‘Amen! Praise and glory and wisdom and thanks and honor and power and strength be to our God for ever and ever. Amen!’ “
- You will see God!!
Job 19:26 – “And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God;”
1 John 3:2 – “Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.”