Wednesday, September 23, 2020

I Don’t Feel Saved

 

Some people say they don’t “feel” saved.  I received an email from a lady named Grace.  This is what she wrote.

Hi
I am writing to see if you have any advice for me.
I was saved a very long time ago.
But I didn't realize that shortly after I rejected Him.
I didn't realize it until 9 yrs ago.
I have tried everything for Him to take me back, but nothing.
I have gone through a few crazy traumas
Now when I listen or read the Bible it condemns me
It’s as if I have an antichrist spirit
It's scary and crazy
I have reached out for help numerous times to no avail.
I have very little hope.
No matter how much I pray and repent, I am still in this hell on earth.
I hate to say this but my salvation has become like a disease.
I hate what has happened to me.
I don't have Jesus and I don't have peace.
I am in darkness and I have no love.
I really don’t have much of a life.
I am so scared that since I rejected him, he's rejecting me.
Thank you
Grace
Regards

If you ever feel this way, I’m here to hopefully give you some encouragement.  Your salvation began by faith not feelings.  Salvation is not a feeling.  Feelings vary from one moment to the next depending on the day we’re having.  Don’t trust your feelings.  Trust God is who He says He is and in His promises.  God never changes.  Hebrews 13:8“Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.”  Jesus’ death and resurrection is the basis for our salvation and that never changes. 

The Bible never teaches that we will feel saved.  As Christians we will encounter persecution physically and mentally which will include a full range of emotions.  It may be joy, discouragement or even doubt, even Jesus experience deep emotion during His ministry.  He wept over the death of Lazarus and sweat blood in the Garden of Gethsemane.

We all reject Jesus in many ways, but He still forgives us.  Remember Peter rejected Jesus 3 times, yet he was forgiven.  You need to remember that none of us are perfect.  Just because you were saved years ago doesn’t mean you stop sinning or that you should be now be perfect and never do anything wrong again.  Christians sin every day, but sin no longer controls our lives.  Satan never gives up on trying to destroy our faith.  Don’t listen to Him.  Instead stay on your knees and keep asking God to make you strong to resist the temptations of doubt. 

Satan wants you to “feel” unsaved so you will feel guilty and so you will be ineffective for the Gospel.  We will never reach perfection until we reach heaven.  When you mess up and you feel unsaved, you are trusting in your works instead of the works of Christ.  Remember we all mess up daily not because we are not saved, but because we are only human and not perfect.  Satan loves it when you feel the ways Grace described.  Don’t let him win.

One thing I do when I feel depressed or doubt is to say out loud, “Satan leave me alone and leave this house in the name of Jesus!”  Try saying this daily.  Also really pour yourself into praising God.  You’ve heard it said, “Fake it till you make it”.  Do just that. 

Another thing you can do is to listen to Contemporary Christian music.  I like KLOVE.  It’s very encouraging to sing along and lift my hands in praise to Him.   I do this every time I’m driving.  I know people that pass me think I’m nuts.

Satan puts these doubts in our heads.  As long as you recognize sin in your life, repent, and submit to the truth of Scripture that says, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved”Acts 16:31, and “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved” Joel 2:32.  The magic word is TRUST.

The evidence of genuine saving experience is bearing Godly love and Godly fruit.  If you are praying, reading and studying you Bible and truly seeking God, you’re on the right path.  There are many Bible studies going on in churches and online.  I do BSF, Bible Study Fellowship.  It is all over the world and is non denominational.  Right now we do it via zoom.  You can have little or a lot of Bible knowledge.  Everyone fits in.  It’s the best Bible study I’ve ever done.  Go online to  www.bsfinternational.org to get plugged in.

After all this if you still think you are not saved.  Acknowledge Him public again in your church and be re-baptized.  There’s nothing wrong with that.

Grace, I will be praying for you. 

“Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you.”Hebrews 13:5; Joshua 1:5

Test yourself by asking yourself these questions.  Do I love God and seek to obey His Word?  When I sin, do I feel sorry and turn away from my sin?  Am I growing to be more like Jesus with love, joy, patience, kindness, and self-control? 

If you answered ‘yes’ to these questions, you’re showing signs that God has made you a Christian and will never let you go.  “I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.”John 10:28.  “I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our lord.”Rom. 8:38-39.  “Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.” Rom. 8:1.

If you answered ‘no’ to these questions, you can find out how to become a Christian by believing in the Lord Jesus.  Steps for doing that are found at the bottom of this page, “How to be saved”.

If you’re a true believer, you’ll keep turning from sin and trusting Jesus to help you overcome sin.  You will want to obey Him and His Word.  You will still sin, but sin no longer has to control you.

Have a blessed day and thanks for visiting my site.  Hope to see you here again.  --  I encourage you to trust in Jesus.

__________________________________________

If you have enjoyed my post and have found if helpful, please leave a comment or share this post with the buttons below. 


You can follow me by clicking the “Follow” button or you can "Subscribe by Email".  If you follow by email, you will receive an email every time there is a new post

No comments: