Monday, December 14, 2020

A SOLDIER'S CHRISTMAS

                   

Another Christmas Season upon us and many of our heroes are still in harm’s way.   
Our solders need all the support we can give them.  Please do your part.  If nothing else, please take a very quick moment out of your busy day to send a card to one of our heroes serving overseas.  Show a soldier who will not be home with family this Christmas that you care and that they are not forgotten.

If you don’t personally know a soldier, there are several organizations that collect and send cards for you.  Check out these websites. 

Also, I found this poem I thought I would share. 

T’was the night before Christmas they lived all alone
in a one bedroom house made of plaster and stone.
I had come down the chimney with presents to give
and to see just who in this home did live.

I looked all about and a strange sight I did see
no tinsel, no presents, not even a tree.
No stocking on the mantle just boots filled with sand
and on the wall hung pictures of home ... a far away land.

The soldier lay sleeping silent and alone
curled up on the floor in this one bedroom home.
The face was so gentle, the room in disorder
not how I pictured A United States Soldier.

Was this the hero of whom I'd just read
  curled up on a poncho the floor for a bed? 
I thought of the families that I saw that night
owed their lives to these soldiers so willing to fight.

                                          Soon around the world children would play                                
                               and grownups would celebrate this bright Christmas day.
                                    They ALL enjoyed freedom each month of the year
because of soldiers like the one lying here.

I couldn't help but wonder how many are alone
                                   on a cold Christmas Eve in a land far from home.
                                        This very thought brought a tear to my eye
I dropped to my knees and started to cry.

The soldier awakened and I heard his rough voice
Santa don't cry this life is MY choice.
I fight for freedom and I don't ask for more
my life is my God my country, my corps.

The soldier rolled over and drifted to sleep
I couldn't control it I continued to weep.
I kept watch for hours so silent and still
as we both shivered from the cold nights chill.

I didn't want to leave on that cold dark night
this guardian of honor so willing to fight.
The soldier rolled over with a voice soft and pure
and whispered "Carry on Santa.  It's Christmas
AND ALL IS SECURE”.

I hope the images you just saw as you read this will linger in your mind.  Take a moment to say a prayer for our warriors for what they have done and are doing so we can enjoy freedoms and our comfy beds without worry.  May God bless each of those who served and are now serving so far away from home.  May they all make it home safely and soon!!!

Join me here next time. -- I encourage you to have trust and faith in Jesus.

_______________________________________________

 
If you have enjoyed my post and have found if helpful, please leave a comment or share this post with the buttons below.

 

You can follow this blog by clicking "Subscribe by Email".  If you follow by email, you will receive an email every time there is a new post.

No comments: